The Art of Micrography…Word!

Micrography is a lovely art form that dates back thousands of years in Hebrew culture. It can also be seen in Arabic culture. This form of art is much like stippling in its use of letters and words to create value and texture; however the use of text allows for a rich, unique interplay between text and the image. Featured in this post are a few of this year’s pieces; examples of prior years’ work can be found in the links for Art Galleries One and Two at the top of the page!

The inspiration for the lesson came from The Incredible Art Department’s website, which I have enjoyed and used often. The PowerPoint with directions can be found on the art resources link at the top of this page. Enjoy!! 🙂

Published byartandsoul

I am an art teacher, mother of two awesome boys, and follower of the Way - Jesus Christ. I like to read, draw, create, write, flower garden, drink coffee, and be inspired by beautiful things. I like cats, mountains, autumn, chocolate, and many more things. I love the truth, and honor, and imagination. I like silver. Roses.

No Comments

Post a Comment