Anatomical Heart Art

Art II students completed an assignment in which they studied and drew the human heart. I think to some people it seems a bit creepy, but the anatomical heart lends itself so well to illustrative pursuits…

We did gesture sketches of a model of human heart (borrowed from the Health Occupations teacher), studying it from different angles. Then students did several pages of sketches, in which they brainstormed different ways to morph the heart into something else. These are highly imaginative drawings. i had them experiment with different media, as they could choose which they wanted to work with. The results include a mixture of pen, charcoal, graphite, colored pencil, and soft pastel. This was a really engaging project, and my students enjoyed it and came up with some awesome interpretations of the heart.

Published byartandsoul

I am an art teacher, mother of two awesome boys, and follower of the Way - Jesus Christ. I like to read, draw, create, write, flower garden, drink coffee, and be inspired by beautiful things. I like cats, mountains, autumn, chocolate, and many more things. I love the truth, and honor, and imagination. I like silver. Roses.

No Comments

Post a Comment