Remembering that it’s more than enough

???????????????????????????????

Change. It can be be good; it can be bad – but it is inevitable. This is my first, very late post of the new year. The new year, and the new school year. Life has a way of getting in the way, but I hope to be more intentional with posts. Coming back to school after Christmas, or Winter Break was so difficult this year. I’m not sure why it was so much more difficult than usual. So, I thought it might be nice to reflect. . . 

I have been going through my files, sorting through images so I can catch up on posts. I found a folder with some random pictures of my students working the first year I moved over to the classroom I’m in now to teach art. The room was. . . less than inspiring. Trashed furniture, bare floors and walls, no personality. It was really daunting. But somehow, through sheer determination, hard work, and the inspiration of my lovely art students’ creativity, I muddled through. 

I love the image above. You can see the classroom, how it was — the “Yo Mama” on the locker, the bare ugliness of the room, the concrete floors — and in the midst of this a student intent on her creation. Despite my newness, the physical surroundings, and all of the other impossibilities I, as a teacher, and she, as a student, had to surmount every day, she is in the throes of a divine creation, and I am inspired one more time.

And it is enough.

Enough, and more than enough!

Published byartandsoul

I am an art teacher, mother of two awesome boys, and follower of the Way - Jesus Christ. I like to read, draw, create, write, flower garden, drink coffee, and be inspired by beautiful things. I like cats, mountains, autumn, chocolate, and many more things. I love the truth, and honor, and imagination. I like silver. Roses.

No Comments

Post a Comment